Kathy McCarthy purchased our shop in 1994. Since then our shop has grown from 2 groomers to currently 4 plus groomers and 2 people on our support staff.
All of our groomers have been classically trained in the art of dog grooming. We pride ourselves in taking on going training and investing time with attending trade shows as well as dog shows.
Our code of ethics
As Pet Grooming Professionals, we promise:
1. To keep concern for the welfare, health and safety of the pets under our care the topmost priority of our work.
2. To treat the pets in our care at all times with vigilance, kindness, patience and respect.
3. To conduct this business with honesty and integrity, toward our customers and their pets, and toward other grooming and pet care professionals, and toward ourselves.
4. To continue to seek knowledge and resources that will contribute to our skills and to our abilities to care for our client pets.
5. To contribute, when and how we can, to the growth and improvement of the Pet Grooming profession.
6. To offer other pet groomers, whenever possible, the human support and encouragement that we need to feel a part of this professional community.
7. To provide education to our customers and to the public on proper grooming care for their pets.
8. To treat all others as we would have them treat us.
Quality Pet Styling
At A Pet's Reflection, we strive to give your pet the best haircut for the best value. We use quality equipment, shampoos, conditioners and finishing sprays to aid us in our finished grooming product. We take pride in our work on your pet.
Nutrition is a huge part of your pet's overall health and can affect skin and coat. Dry flaky skin, dry cracked pads, chronic ear infections, chronic yeast infections, itchy skin and bald spots can all be signs of a food allergy. Any one of our stylists can answer questions pertaining to your pet's diet.